Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Finale Process

After the critiques of my final demo, I have a much greater desire to find my voice, and discard some of my tendencies toward cliche imagery. In the last two weeks of assembling the footage and creating effects shots, I have discovered the art of subtraction in art making - although adding many elements into a composition at first has led me to discovering the method of subtraction.

It is encouraging to know that my work comes across as being well-crafted, and now my focus is definitely steered towards finding more unique ways of expressing myself in my work. For example, I think that creating a river of blood to portray anger in my project is still typical, but I am on the right path to finding more originality and abstraction. I also exaggerated the greens and brought up the reaching hand in the beginning, again cliche, but much closer. For my next project, the process of designing my shots, and examining my own vision will be a much more important part of the work.

The critique of my demo was an important moment in my life - it sets the course to a deeper examination of my potential in the arts.

No comments:

Post a Comment