Monday, March 29, 2010

It has Begun - Starting Thoughts...

The process will start with the idea of generative cinema - a responsive cinema experience that is expressive of external, real-time data. There is a tendency to look into a type "click" cinema, where a user is choosing different paths and guiding a narrative, but this too closely resembles the video-game. In fact, I would like to steer clear of explicit interaction with human users, and only interact with data collected from organic or social forces - a cinematic experience being led by weather, socio-economics, crime, peace, etc.

Over the course of the next week, I will determine my aesthetic and technologic starting points. Questions like: What type of imagery will be used? What types of data will guide my piece? How will I access and express this data? Real-time or Static? Installation, Web-based, Auditorium? What other artists have created generative cinema, and how are my ideas different? What new tools do I need to learn?

The movie plays different everytime, because the world is different at every moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment