Tuesday, March 30, 2010

What Are Other Artists Doing?

From my initial aesthetic research, it seems that many generative cinema installations are both interactive, abstract, and use sound at the forefront of their experience. Here is what I'm chewing on right now...




Article about Boris Debackere

"Soil" 2005, Ulf Langheinrich

Great quote by the artist, Geert Mul: "...I'm not too interested in the great static narrative. But my films should bear no trace of the other extreme: arbitrariness. So I look for as much coherence as is necessary to envoke an atmosphere or a theme without it immediately becoming a story."

"Memoria" gives me some nice ideas on how to approach the construction of a piece like this. I like how the artists collect images, sounds, and etches from real locations, then process the content into expressive materials. Maintaining and/or respecting the aura, geist, and integrity of materials and processes in my work is something I wish to explore and practice.






No comments:

Post a Comment