Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Solidifying

To further firm and develop this dialogue between myself and and the embryonic idea, here is a formal pitch:

Over the course of the next few weeks, I will be developing a generative cinema piece – a branch of new-media art that I feel is an evolution and expansion of traditional cinematic narrative. This project will in part use my existing skills in video production, but will also introduce me to new ideas and experiments in developing systems work and expressive aesthetics. Specifically, I will become acquainted with Processing to develop the relationship between image and data, and familiarize with effects tools provided in After Effects to create an expressive landscape. Additionally, the genre of generative cinema leads to interesting and relevant ideas in new media work – this project is a vehicle to become more familiar with interactivity, data visualization, synthesis, computing, system aesthetics, and expressiveness in digital work.

...as I sink deeper into the creative process, the ocean of reference work becomes more dense. Contrary to my initial discussion, this piece uses a piece of traditional cinema to guide an abstract sequence of computer animations...


...looking beyond the literal appearance, channeling symbols and processes...

No comments:

Post a Comment