Friday, April 9, 2010

Exploring & Experimenting

This week, I experimented with some of the interactive tools in video - namely Processing. This is my first exposure to a responsive video tool, and I was able to trigger video events through placing color data under conditionals. This experience in writing code, problem solving, determining parameters, and getting the system to work and see how it behaves, was a great experience for me. It is one thing to imagine something as being possible, and it is something else to have it materialize.
I am also getting more comfortable in approaching this project. After the critique by Hugo, and some helpful conversations with peers, the idea has taken new forms. I am going to seek out a simpler interaction between the movie and the environment - and this weekend I will even start learning a simpler tool for video called PD(Pure Data).
I would like to explore a social space - and build a visual poem that conveys human interaction with that space.

No comments:

Post a Comment