Sunday, April 4, 2010

Mulling It Over

This is a late night entry to log the dialogue I am having with peers and with my own head. My idea, as seen in my last blog entry, could be approached, created, and implemented in many ways. I am searching for a method that will be both realistic AND challenging.
My research thus far is looking at both technical and expressive ways of harnessing data. The RSS feed is an accessible form of information that can stream in real-time, so how do I convert this data into usable or readable material for a programming tool like Processing? This research is already expanding the possibilities of expression, and it's only been a week!! Here is information on and access to one tool being used to manipulate streaming material: proXML
The main question I am facing at this moment, is whether to pursue a real-time implementation, or to create a static simulation. Over the next week, I will explore more tools and ideas, and decide which approach to take - where is the balance between creating a challenge for myself and being realistic?

No comments:

Post a Comment